Friday, November 29, 2013

Painted Christmas Tree Ornament

I have made many Christmas tree ornaments over the years, one for each of my grandkids, nieces and nephews. These are hand crafted specifically with the child's name on them. This year two more precious baby's so two more ornaments to make. Hope you enjoy them and it might just become a tradition in your family too.

Start out with wooden stars. I base coat them in a neutral color.

Transfer the design you want to make onto the star.

Now the fun begins. Painting the design on the star.

You can add as much detail as you like.
 
I used snow tex for the arms and the bottom snow.

Outline everything with black extra fine marker, it show up better.
Invisible jewellery cord is what I strung the ornaments with.

Remember to write their names on.

I wanted to deliver them in something special, so I made them a Christmas card.
 
Working on my card.
 
I stamped and colored in the snowmen.

Making a special verse for their card completes it.
 
 
The outside of my card.

The inside of my card.

No comments:

Post a Comment