Saturday, October 12, 2013

DIY Thanksgiving Centerpiece

An all around arrangement with fresh flowers for Thanksgiving.
 
I used an ordinary glass jar and printed out some different fonts and bought a transfer gel from the craft store.

 
I decided which font looked best.

 
Just follow the directions on the transfer gel, painting it a couple of times.


 
After it has dried, soak in water and gently peel off the paper. Now you are ready to glue it onto the jar.

 
I wanted to have the look of old parchment paper, so I painted burnt umber around the edges.

 
Next, fill the jar with crab apples and water.

 
Insert wet foam on top and tape down with florist tape.

 
Leather leaf all around.

 
Start putting your flowers in using fall colors of daisies, wheat, berries, solidago, burlap ribbon and fall leaves.

 
Filling in the arrangement.


 
I made it all around so that it looks nice whatever side you are looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment