Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Welcoming Front Door


 


 

It is always nice when you walk up the front door  of someone's home that says “welcome”. That is my hope  when they come to my front door. What are some ways to do that?   I started with nothing at my door and then added little touches. You can see by just adding a few touches here and there, it brightens it up.


 

My plain front door.


A mat softens the look.
 
 I've planted a palm tree that I bought at Walmart and set it beside the door, (my niece had this at her door and I thought it was such a good idea that I did the same, such a talented girl!)
A cute ornament adds a bit of whimsy.
A wreath is always nice and you can change it with the seasons.

If my front door had equal sides I would  have two sets of palms (one on each side) to balance it out, but I have balanced it somewhat with plants on each side. 



I have set the palm far enough away that you can easily enter.

I put a solar light into the planter, at night it looks pretty.


 

This solar light used to be a butterfly solar but the butterfly broke so it works quite nicely inside the planter. Reuse and recycle!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment